Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Scheme Details, PDF, Apply Online: If you want to get all the information about Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana then you have come to the right place. Because in our article you will be told how you can open your bank account under this scheme. Along with this, you will also be provided with clear information about the process of applying online. If you want to get complete details about it, then definitely read our article carefully till the end.
- 1 Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- 2 About Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- 3 Documents Required for Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- 4 Benefits of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- 5 Eligibility Criteria for Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- 6 Investment Terms & Conditions for Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- 7 Bank names in which beneficiaries can open their Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Account
- 8 How to online open account in Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana?
- 9 How to check account balance of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana?
- 10 Some Frequently Asked Questions
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
This scheme has been launched by the Central Government this year, which you can easily use in online mode. Under this scheme, girls below the age of 10 years of the country can apply. The main objective of this scheme is to save the girls of the country from future economic problems. Under this scheme, you can get your account opened in any of the 28 banks in India. The names of all the banks will also be made available to you below.
This scheme is part of the ‘Beti Bachao Beti Padhao’ scheme. After opening the account under this scheme, you can make a deposit of Rs.250 to Rs.1.5 lakh in a year. You have to deposit this amount for 15 years. If your daughter is 8 years old then you have to deposit this amount for 23 years. After which interest will be provided to you till the maturity period. At the age of 18, the girl can get 50% of her investment amount withdrawn.
About Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- The maturity period of the SSY account is 21 years.
- Under this scheme, the facility of transfer from one bank to another has also been made available.
- Not only this, you can transfer your post office to another post office.
- It is mandatory for everyone to deposit Rs 25o per year in the SSY account.
- If for some reason you do not deposit Rs 250 in a year, your account will be in default.
- After attaining the age of 18, a girl child can operate their SSY account on their own.
- After passing 10th class, you can get 50% of your amount withdrawn.
Documents Required for Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
While applying you need some important documents which are as follows-
- Aadhar card
- PAN card
- Birth certificate
- Address proof
- Identity card of a parent or legal guardian
- A medical certificate, etc.
Benefits of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
The following benefits will be provided to you through this scheme-
- Through this scheme, the future financial problems of girls up to 10 years will be helped.
- Tax exemption up to Rs 50000 will be given by the Income Tax Act under section 80C.
- Interest will be provided to the account holder at 7.6% on the investment amount.
- Under this scheme, you can invest from Rs 250 to Rs 1.5 lakh every year.
- PM Kisan Samman Nidhi
- राजस्थान जन सूचना पोर्टल 2023
- PM Kisan 12th Installment 2023
- PM Cares For Children Yojana 2023
- यूपी निवेश मित्र 2023
Eligibility Criteria for Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
While applying you have to keep some things in mind. which are determined as follows-
- Only girls who are 10 years old can apply for this.
- Only 2 girls from a family can open their accounts under this scheme.
- The account of the twin girls will also be opened separately.
- Only citizens of India can apply for this scheme.
- It is mandatory for the parent and guardian to be permanent citizens of India.
Investment Terms & Conditions for Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
To open an account in this scheme, you should be aware of some terms and conditions which are as follows-
- To open an account, the girl child should be up to 10 years of age.
- Under this scheme, only a girl’s account will be opened.
- Account of only 2 girls from a family will be opened.
- If twin or triplet daughters are born in a family then more than 2 accounts can be opened.
- SYY Accent will be handled by the parent or guardian only till the account holder attains the age of 18 years.
- A minimum amount of Rs.250 can be deposited in SYY account in a year.
- You can deposit up to a maximum of Rs 1.5 lakh in this account in a year.
- If your account defaults for not paying the deposit for one year, then you will have to submit a penalty of Rs.50.
Bank names in which beneficiaries can open their Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Account
- Bank of India
- state Bank of India
- Punjab National Bank
- Union Bank of India
- UCO Bank
- United Bank Of India
- Bank Of Baroda
- Axis Bank
- State Bank of Patiala
- State Bank Of Mysore
- IDBI Bank
- ICICI Bank
- Andhra Bank
- Bank Of Maharashtra
- Allahabad Bank
- Punjab And Sind Bank
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- State Bank Of Hyderabad
- Dena Bank
- State Bank Of Bikaner And Jaipur
- State Bank Of Travancore
- Vijay Bank
- Bank Of Maharashtra
- Canara Bank
How to online open account in Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana?
- First of all, you have to fill out the application form.
- You will get this form from your nearest bank or post office.
- After which you have to fill in all the details asked in the form correctly.
- Also, you have to attach all the documents with the form.
- After filling out the form, submit it to the bank or post officer.
- In this way, your account will be opened soon.
How to check account balance of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana?
- To check your balance, you need to request login details in your bank.
- After which you have to go to the Internet Banking Portal.
- In which you have to log in through login details.
- After login, the home page will open in front of you.
- In which you have to click on the ‘Confirm Balance’ option.
- After clicking, the SYY account will open in front of you.
- Then you will open your SYY account balance in front of you.
Hope you have got clear information about Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana in our article. Stay connected with our website for more information.
Some Frequently Asked Questions
Ques. Can girls above 10 years of age apply to this scheme?
Ans. No, only girls up to 10 years of age can apply for this scheme.
Ques. Is it mandatory to be a citizen of India to apply?
Ans. Yes, it is mandatory to be a citizen of India to apply.
Ques. How many girls from a family can apply for this scheme?
Ans. Only 2 girls from a family can apply for this scheme.
Ques. What is the minimum amount that can be deposited in SYY account in a year?
Ans. You can deposit up to a minimum of Rs 250 a year in your SYY account.
Ques. For how many years will the investment be made in this account?
Ans. Investments will be made in it for 15 years from the date of opening the account.