Moradabad city was established as the head office of Chaupala Pargana during Emperor AKBAR 's regime. In 1624

HISTORY OF MORADABAD

In 1624, Rustom Khan, the governor of Sambhal, captured it and set up a fort at this place and named it as Rustom Nagar. Later on it was named as MORADABAD after the name of SHAHJAHAN 's son MURAD BUX and this name still persists who built the fort which overhangs the river bank, and the fine Jama Masjid or great mosque.

FAMOUS BUSINESS OF THE CITY
Moradabad is renowned for its Brass work and has carved a niche for itself in the handicraft industry throughout the world. And is also thus called "Brass City" or Peetal Nagri (in the local language).

 

CONNECTIVITY OF MORADABAD